Position: MLE Specialist (Analysis & Evidence Synthesis)
Reporting Line: State Manager- CML
Location: Patna, Bihar
Number of position: 1
About the Project -– JEEViKA Technical Support Program (JTSP):
The JEEViKA Technical Support Program (JTSP) is a flagship program of Project Concern International (PCI) in Bihar, funded by the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation. In its earlier phase between 2015 to 2021, JTSP has successfully supported in the demonstration, layering and integration of health and nutrition, into the operational framework of JEEViKA (the Bihar Rural Livelihoods Society). JTSP has supported JEEViKA to deliver a range of reproductive, maternal, newborn and child health and nutrition outcomes, through an at scale social behaviour change package and has enabled JEEViKA’s transformation into a model State Rural Livelihoods Mission, which embraces Health and Nutrition into its overall mandate. The next phase of this work, called JTSP II, is planned for the period between 2021 and 2024 and seeks to transition skills and capabilities to JEEViKA to drive HN strategies through its systems and network of community based organizations.
MLE specialist will report to State Manager- CML and will be responsible for supporting the manager for conceptualizing and designing the research studies. S/he will also be responsible for roll-out of the conceptualized studies, develop tool based on the key program outputs, train CML investigators and supervisors for the data collection.
Major Duties & Responsibilities:
The MLE Specialist under the supervision of State Manager- CML will be responsible for following tasks:
- Develop and maintain systems to analyze information on inputs, outputs, outcomes and impact of the program with efficient feedback loops.
- Design and manage a process for collection of comprehensive data from different study of projects to provide clear monitoring of progress to achieving goals and objectives.
- Coordinate with the different agencies hired for different studies.
- Monitor data collection processes for quality assurance purposes.
- Travel periodically to the field to check the quality of the monitoring data by seeing the collection process at work and reviewing the key concepts in the indicators
- Ensure that the data collected as part of the program’s M&E strategy is well aligned with the program’s technical parameters
- Coordinate with program implementation and technical experts’ team for ensuring relevant data is collected and analyzed for the purpose of achieving program impact
- Ensure compliance with donor’s evaluation policies when applicable.
- Facilitate a learning environment based on M&E results leading to evidence based programming
- Incorporate learning on an ongoing basis towards improving and updating the MIS.
- To identify training need and provide adequate support in building capacity of district and block-level staff by on-the-job training, classroom trainings and hand-holding.
- To ensure high-level of adherence to the data collection protocol.
- To ensure completion of agreed task of data collection within timeline.
- Ensuring data collection adheres to ethical guidelines, political requirements and organizational values.
Qualifications, Experience and Competencies:
Qualification & Experience:
- Master Degree in Social Sciences/Demography/Public Health or other relevant discipline.
- Minimum 5-7 years of progressively responsible professional experience in Public Health Program or Social Research.
- Demonstrated experience of managing large-scale surveys / data collection initiatives in Public Health/Social research.
- Proficiency in at least one statistical package (SPSS/Stata, EPI-Info), other data management packages and software (like, CS Pro), Excel, Access and PowerPoint.
- Sound understanding of research designing and research methodology
- Proficiency in English – both speaking and writing
- Ability to communicate in Hindi
- High learning agility
- Fair analytical ability
Interested candidates can apply for the Position of MLE Specialist (Analysis & Evidence Synthesis) by 24th January,2022 ,5:00 pm
PCI India is an equal opportunity provider and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability and/or marital status. Due to the heavy inflow of resumes, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.