Position Name: Regional Mobilization Coordinator
Reporting to: State Program Manager
Number of Positions: 01
Location: Sahebgunj (Jharkhand)
Duration: Till October 2022
About Project Concern International:
PCI, a Global Communities Partner has been working in India since 1998 with the Mission to empower people to enhance health, end hunger, overcome hardship and advance women and girls. PCI, a Global Communities Partner, envisions a world in which the most vulnerable people will have the power to lift themselves out of poverty and to create vital, healthy lives for their families and communities now and for the future.
PCI works with the government as well as social actors to create an enabling environment to improve and activate the social position of marginalized populations, especially women and girls, as well as strengthen convergent actions on the ground. Knowledge and evidence-based decision making, and data-driven management have been a trademark of our programs in India. For over two decades, PCI has maintained a diverse portfolio in India, with a presence in more than one-fifth of all districts in the country, reaching over 10 million people in 2019 alone. PCI’s health, gender, and community development programming focuses on low-income, vulnerable and hard-to-reach populations, especially adolescent girls, women of reproductive ages and children. By integrating its community mobilization and empowerment approaches into the government strategies and systems, PCI is helping to ensure that millions of vulnerable women, children, families, and communities throughout India have the ability to advocate for, access and utilize quality health, nutrition, and empowerment services and information for generations to come.
About the Project:
Visceral Leishmaniasis (VL) and Lymphatic Filariasis are neglected tropical diseases and like any other neglected disease, these disproportionately affects vulnerable populations and perpetuates existing relationships between disease and poverty. VL is prevalent in four states (Bihar, Jharkhand, UP and West Bengal) and in Jharkhand only 4 districts (Godda, Dumka, Pakur and Sahebgunj).
Government of India and state governments are committed to eliminate VL from country though there are some challenges especially in the field of social mobilization. PCI has collaborated with NVBDCP at state and national level to support the endemic districts for the same.
About the Position:
Project Concern International is looking to hire One regional mobilization coordinator for Sabebgunj district to support the district health authorities in VL elimination. At district level the RMC will be accountable for the delivery of project outcomes, foster partnership with government and other stakeholders.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate with the Deputy Commissioner, Civil Surgeon, district vector-borne disease control officer and Vector Born Disease Control Consultant at the district and Medical Officer in charge at the block level.
- Coordinate with the key development partners at district and block-level.
- Liaison with the key district officials – DC, DEO, DPM- SRLM, DPRO to ensure their support in social mobilization for VL elimination.
- Collaborate with block-level team- KTS/KBC/MTS/MPW.
- Take part in district and block level government and partner meetings to share and get updates.
- Develop block and community profile for all intervention areas.
- Lead the development of the social mobilization plan for VL endemic areas.
- Identify, capacitate, and engage the community influencers for VL elimination program.
- Capacitate ASHAs for VL mobilization.
- Develop the network of preferred private service providers/medical stores in the community to identify VL suspects.
- Sensitization of private service providers at block/village level in consultation with government and partners.
- Monitoring of indoor residual spray (IRS) in consultation with government and partners.
- Develop social mobilization plan for MDA if assigned district is LF endemic.
- Ensure implementation of social mobilization intervention during MDA.
- Monitoring of MDA in assigned district.
- Reporting on weekly/Monthly basis.
- Any other responsibility assigned by supervisor.
- Post Graduate degree in Public Health, Rural development or any other relevant fields
- A minimum of 3 years of relevant professional experience in public health/social mobilization
- Experience of building and nurturing government relationships
- Experience of designing and executing social mobilization program
Skills and Competencies:
- Understanding of the development sector and critical cross cutting themes such as gender and advocacy
- Possess leadership skill and is decisive, action oriented and adaptable
- Strong networking and relationship building skills
- Ability to work against tight timelines
- Excellent knowledge of MS office
- Fluency in verbal and written English, Hindi and local language
- Willingness to travel to the field.
Interested candidates can apply for the Position of Regional Mobilization Coordinator by 21st January 2022.